BalancedMom: A Day In The Life

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Mom! I'm Bored!

You know, I'm just NOT buyin it any more! They've TOTALLY blown their cover with me.

For kids, this is Harvest Season; They are fully prepared to reap the bounty (Xmas presents) of their labors (being good all year-especially when mom yells, "I hope you're not talking back to me cuz Santa can totally hear you!). So over the past few weeks, Steven and I have been making the list of the things we wanted to get for the kids and suggestions for our wonderfully generous family and friends and in that time I heard , oh too many times, my kids saying, "I'm bored-I have nothing to do".
Well, the other day while Steven was attending to his weekly ritual of 'organizing the garage' and I was inside on the phone, the kids dragged out the bicycle trailor.

Gus started pulling Zoe around first, which she LOVED! Then he got smart-he got his Big Sister to pull them both around.
They had this rickshaw thing going on for an hour or so-just pulling each other around and around and around the driveway! THEY HAD A BLAST!!!!
So, my new response to "Mom, I'm bored!" is "Go pull something random out of that garage and party-on!!!!"

We had our town's annual Holiday Parade this past weekend. So much fun! It's really just a ‘get everyone in the town to put glitter in their hair and walk down main street then line up the grandparents and aunts to watch’ but it’s all we have and we love it. Gus and Daddy walked with their Boy Scout Pack then we met our Den at a park and had hot cocoa and cookies.


Zoe has been busy 'working'. She decided that since I'm hard at work everyday at MY desk, she needed a place for her 'important papers and such'. She climbs up to the big table, takes a postcard out of her 'inbox', and writes while describing the whole thing to me in great detail. It's mostly a symphony of "blah blah da da da dah dah dah la la la ah ah ah" but I know exactly what she's talking about and it's music to my ears!!!! We have so much fun 'working' together!
I found this other pic of Claire & Zoe from last year while I was uploading these other pics-OH! How I LOVE these beautiful girls!!!! They are growing up SO FAST -TOO FAST-and I'm thankful and sad all at the same time.


~~~~It's just another Day In The Life~~~~
Tina

1 Comments:

  • At December 18, 2007 at 2:55 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Tina!
    I read every word and studied each picture - I am SO tickled your life is so rewarding and fulfilling!
    It doesn't seem that long ago when you'd get on a knee at our restaurant table and ask, "Well Kids, how are ya!
    Looking forward to keeping in better touch!
    Kathy (The Colonel's lovely wife)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home